Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Little Break to Simmer Down!

In case any of you are looking the dates of these posts, you might see that five years have past since I wrote Reason Number 1, and having taken advice from my friends who know me to be a "nicer sort of guy", I let the disappoint of closing my last company simmer down before continuing this blog. It took five years for the anger, pain and shame to subside, and now I believe I can share what I've learned with a little more emotional objectivity. I've reread what I wrote back then, and I still surprisingly agree with it, but I love this country too much to just bash it out of disappointment.

I still live in France, but now I work as a writer. I have shares in production service companies outside of France, and though opportunities to build a structure here are always coming up, I can't bring myself to do it. I think it is now time to explain why I'm still taking my own advice and not starting up a company here. It may be that you need to do it for whatever reason, and have no choice. I still think this advice should serve you, if anything to keep you on your guard.

Don't hesitate posting. I'm open for discussion!  Remember that this is to help entrepreneurial spirits weigh the pros and cons of creating a company in France before they jump into the shark infested water.

No comments:

Post a Comment